77 W. Washington St.
Chicago, IL 60602
The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
NIC United Methodist Women: http://www.nicumw.org
The Women's Division is engaged in fulfilling the mission of Christ and the Church and shall interpret the purpose of United Methodist Women. With continuing awareness of the concerns and responsibilities of the Church in today's world, the Women's Division shall be an advocate for the oppressed and dispossessed with special attention to the needs of women and children; shall work to build a supportive community among women; and shall engage in activities that foster growth in the Christian faith, mission education, and Christian social involvement.
Women's Division: http://www.umwmission.org
General Conference 2012
The quadrennial meeting of the United Methodist Church was held in Tampa, Florida from April 24-May 4, 2012. During this time legislation, budgets, and vision is formulated for us for the next four years. We also fellowshiped and worshipped together. It was a honor and privilege to serve as the first reserve lay delegate. Highlights related to United Methodist Women are as follows:
UMW became an autonomous organization within the United Methodist Church. A Program Advisory Group will be established.
- Deaconess and Home Missioners programs were placed under the new national UMW organization.
- Commission of 40 new Deaconesses, Home Missioners and Missionaries.
- "Seeking Peace in Afghanistan" Resolution proposed and passed with amendments.
- Zimbabwe women sold crafts to benefit the Nyamacheni Mission School.
- UMW Day - April 28th; Gathering for sisterhood and a rally for immigrants.
- Rally to end private prisons "Profit from Pain is Inhumane"
- Prayer Ministry - Satellite prayer space in the exhibit hall.
- A Prayer Quilt was made to express joys, concerns and hope.
- No display area - Mission opportunities were provided to serve around Tampa
With a Servant's Heart,
Rita L. Smith, President
Click here for details
2012 School of Christian Mission Resources
If you wish to have copies of the books related to the studies, visit the Resources section of the UMW website
News | Events | Resources | Contacts
June 27, 2012
May 23, 2012
March 21, 2012
|NIC UMW SUMMER Event - Mission U |
Jul. 18 - Jul. 20
|UMW Annual Meeting |
|UMW Winter Mission U |
Jan. 17 - Jan. 19
|UMW Summer 2014 Mission U |
Jul. 17 - Jul. 20
Don't miss these articles in the Reporter
Campbell Labels Help Marcy-Newberry with Supplies see page 4A
2011 School of Christian Mission Highlights see page 6A
|Rita L. Smith|