Board of Ordained Ministry
The Arkansas Conference Board of Ordained Ministry proposes to work within the framework of the current Discipline of the United Methodist Church. The CBOM is responsible for the process whereby persons enter into ministry. The process covers candidacy, licensing, ordination, membership and transfers. In addition to the process where person enter into ministry, the CBOM also is charged with exiting, retirement and the gathering and publishing of memoirs.
Members shall be nominated by the Bishop after consultation with the Chairperson of the Board, the Executive Committee of the Board of Ordained Ministry, and the Cabinet.
Members of the Board
Answering the Call – Starting the Ministry Process
- If you feel a strong urge to consider full-time ministry, the website for The General Board of Higher Education andMinistry offers a link to assist you.
Visit the General Board of Higher Education & Ministry
Residency In Ministry Program
- Following completion of educational assignments, provisional elders and deacons enter into the Residency In Ministry Program. This program extends theological education by using peer covenant groups and mentoring, and includes regular evaluation to examine the effectiveness of residents in ministry.
Learn more about this program, access evaluation forms, and view the RIM Program Handbook here.
- Learn about scholarship eligibility and the application process and the United Methodist Foundation of Arkansas.
Forms for use by Candidates and dCOM:
- Form AR010 - SPRC Ministerial Candidate Recommendation Form - [PDF] [DOC]
- Form 104 - Declaration of Candidacy Form - [PDF] [DOC]
- Form 105 - Clergy Relationship to the Annual Conference - [PDF] [DOC]
- Form AR080 - Candidacy Mentor's Discernment Report - [PDF] [DOC]
- Form AR070 - Clergy Mentor's Report (Local Pastor) - [PDF] [DOC]
Ministry Checklist for the Arkansas Conference
- Any prospective candidate for ministry should keep a file containing copies of this and all other materials related to their process. Checklist
Requirements for Ordination
Professional and Para-Professional Certification
- Contact: Sue Kelly, Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org 501.226.5371
Guideline for Professional and Para-Professional Certification